Payslips and P60s

Your payslips and P60s are now available online via the My Pension Online service. They’re simple to view and can easily be printed if you need a hard copy. While our online service is the preferred method for many of our members, we also know that not everyone wants to use online services, which is why we offer our members the option of receiving their payslips and P60s electronically or by post.

• We’ve offered all our members under the age of 75 on 1 January 2020 the electronic option for payslips and P60s

• Members over the age of 75 as well as those members who have opted out of the digital service will receive paper payslips. We’ll continue to send a P60 and payslips in April and May or if there’s a change of £10 or more.

If you wish to change your preferences, please contact us to let us know.


What happens if I move overseas?

If you already live outside the UK or are moving abroad, your Fund pension can be paid directly into your overseas bank. Payments can normally be made in the currency of residence but in certain circumstances can be paid in another currency (eg sterling) as long as your bank account can accept payments in that currency. Your pension payments will be made through Crown Agents Bank international electronic payment systems directly to the bank account you give us and in the agreed currency. There’s no charge for this as the Fund meets the costs. Download an overseas payment form and return it using the My Pension Online service document upload facility. If you choose to have your payment made into an overseas bank account, it’s important you know that the exchange rate applied is not fixed and will vary according to the market rate valid at the time of conversion.  This means that although your sterling pension payment won’t change, the local currency value will go up or down depending on the exchange rate, which happens at present with cheque payments. Payment will be made around the 15th of each month and should normally reach your account in three to five working days after this. Alternatively, you can provide a UK bank account and we can pay your pension into a UK account in your name.


Live abroad and receive a letter about our annual proof of life exercise? 

Each year we need to ensure pension payments are being made to the correct person and check our records are correct and up to date for those members living abroad. This is part of our anti-fraud measures and safeguards the pension fund’s assets.


We have partnered with Crown Agents Bank to carry out this verification on our behalf. You can find out more about the process here.


Popular Questions

  • What is Contracted Out Pension Equivalent (COPE)?

    Contracted Out Pension Equivalent (COPE) is part of the benefits already in payment and no additional amount will be paid in respect of it. 

    The additional State Pension (previously known as State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (SERPS) and State Second pension (S2P)).  It was introduced in 1978 with the aim of providing everyone with an earnings related pension.  This was because there was a division between those who had access to an occupational pension scheme and those who had to rely on the state pension. If employers “contracted out” and promised to pay a Guaranteed Minimum Pension (GMP) both employer and employee paid National Insurance at a lower contracted-out rate. Most public sector defined benefit schemes contracted out.
    The new single tier State Pension was introduced in April 2016. For members who reach State Pension Age after that date, it compares entitlement under the old and new arrangements to determine a starting amount for your single-tier pension.  A deduction is made to take account of any contracted out employment and any Guaranteed Minimum Pension that has been earned.  This is expressed as a Contracted-Out Pension Equivalent (COPE) and should be broadly the same as your Guaranteed Minimum Pension.

  • What happens if I change my address?

    If you change your address, please let us know using the My Pension Online service to update your details. This is a quick and secure way to keep your information up to date. Alternatively, you can use the contact us form to let us know your new details. it’s important to tell us your new address, as we’ll stop pension payments if correspondence is returned when we try to contact you.

  • What happens if I change my bank or building society details?

    The quickest way is to update your bank details is by using the My Pension Online service. Register and log on then choose the 'Your Details' option from the dashboard. You’ll find the bank details screen in this section. We validate all bank changes and to do this we ask you to upload a picture of a bank statement showing your name, address, new sort code and account number to the online document upload. We can’t pay into Post Office Accounts. You can also receive your pension into an overseas bank account. We also accept requests in writing, email or telephone our office. Bank account changes must reach us at least 10 working days before the payment date to be able to make the change in time.

  • I have a question about the amount of income tax I am paying?

    We receive lots of queries about tax codes. Unfortunately, we’re unable to explain why HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has set or amended your tax code. We’re provided with tax codes electronically by HMRC and must apply the tax code advised to us. This means we can’t change your tax code. If you think it’s wrong, contact HM Revenue & Customs on 0300 200 3300 or visit and they’ll be able to help. You can also view and query your tax using the HM Revenue & Customs Personal Tax Account online service. Go to personal-tax-account and follow the instructions to register. When you call, you’ll need your National Insurance number and our PAYE reference which is 961 2406394.  The Pension Scheme Tax Reference is 00816815RX.

  • How do I make a change to my name or marital status?

    Please let us know if you change your name or marital status by uploading your certificates via the My Pension Online service. If you’re moving, it’s important to tell us your new address, as we’ll stop pension payments if correspondence is returned when we try to contact you. If you contact us, remember to include your full name, National Insurance number and date of birth so we can locate your record.

  • What happens to my tax when I take payment of my State Pension?

    One reason for a tax code change is when you start receiving your State Pension. The State Pension uses any tax-free Personal Allowance you have first and this may previously have been used for your Fund pension. This can mean you have less tax-free allowance being applied to your Fund pension and so pay more tax on it.

Popular Questions

Your Questions Answered
  • Proof of income

    If you need proof of income at any time during the year, you can download and print your payslips and P60 from the My Pension Online service. Alternatively you can contact us and we can send you this information within 20 working days.

  • I haven’t received my pension payment this month

    If we’ve had correspondence or bank payments returned, your pension may have been suspended. Please contact us to provide your new details so that we can investigate and reinstate your pension.

  • What are the alternatives to Power of Attorney?

    If you are unable to gain Power of Attorney, obtaining a guardianship order can be costly to obtain and we are unable to accept an appointee for social security benefits instead of Power of Attorney. The Office of the Public Guardian (Scotland) website has some other options that may be more relevant in some circumstances.  These options include an intervention order or Access to Funds  As each circumstance is different, you will need to check to ensure the option you choose is the best for your own circumstances.

  • Power of Attorney

    If someone hold Power of Attorney for you, please send us a certified copy of the whole document so that we can provide them with any required information to deal with your pension.
    • To certify the Power of Attorney the person who appointed the attorney (the donor) must write on each page - ‘I certify this is a true and complete copy of the corresponding page of the original lasting power of attorney’ 
    • On the final page, the donor must write - ‘I certify this is a true and complete copy of the lasting power of attorney’
    • Each page must be signed and dated.
    • Alternatively, a solicitor or public notary can also certify a copy of lasting power of attorney.
    • If a certified copy is not possible then you can provide the original Power of Attorney documentation. This are sent at your own risk and we suggest you send this using recorded delivery. We’ll return original certificates by recorded delivery.
    We’re unable to make any changes until these documents has been received.
  • What happens if I die?

    The death in retirement has details about what the person who is looking after your affairs should do when you die and what further benefits might be payable from the Scheme. The My Pension Online service also shows survivor pension details.

  • What happens if I go back to work?

    When you retired, if you didn't receive any compensatory added years, you can take up new employment with any employer without your pension being affected.
    • If you were awarded Compensatory Added Years on retirement and you return to work for an employer covered by the Local Government Pension Scheme, your compensation pension may be reduced or suspended while you are re-employed.
    • If you were awarded Compensatory Added Years on Retirement and you return to work for an employer out with the Local Government Pension Scheme, your compensation pension won’t be affected.
My Pension Online